Monday, March 19, 2012

Road Trip!!!

            Okay so summer is fast approaching and me and my friends decided to do a little road trip today. We figured that we might as well go to the provinces and look for some native chickens for our practicum. 

The Destination
         Our destination was to go to Dumanjug. We heard that there were tons of Native Chickens there and we were running short on native chickens for our practicum so we decided to look for suppliers there. We passed by Talisay, Tabunok, San Fernando, Barili, CarCar, Naga etc.

The Ride
             With three hours of travel time, we decided to entertain ourselves. First we had some minor chit chat before observing the sceneries (all I saw was Green!). Yeah then we decided to play some music. My epic fail moment then came when the portable speaker i brought had low batteries (Yeah real smart) lol.

On the car going to Dumanjug.

Scenery that I took while inside the car =)

Arrival
             We got to Dumanjug by 11AM and got to work immediately. We looked around their market to see if someone was selling Native Chickens. Lucky for us, we immediately found a couple of people selling and were nice enough to accommodate us.

            After looking for chickens, we decided to shop around the local market. They had fruits and vegetables over there and to no one's surprise, they were really cheap! I was able to get a kilo of eggplants for only Php25.00 (around Php5.00 per eggplant). I guess I'll be serving Tortang Talong tonight lol. I was also able to buy some caimito fruit. Which is one of my favorite fruits. Stoked! Though I wasn't able to get any sineguelas =(

Produce that we bought


            Disappointed by the lack of sceneries, we decided to take photos from random places.





            On the way back, we decided to stop by Car Car and take our lunch there. We ate their famous Lechon and it tastes nothing like the ones sold in the city. It was really good, the skin was really crispy and the meat was so tender and moist and juicy. Plus it was really cheap!

            We also did some shopping in CarCar's local market. I was able to buy their well-known delicacies like the Chicharon, Ampao, Buchayo (coconut chips) and some Yema. Again, it was really inexpensive. 


CarCar's delicacies on display

            So that concludes our road trip for the day. Overall it was a fun and tiring experience but I'm looking forward to doing it again with my friends. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment